As owners and dogs get ready for the big event, today’s the day to pick who will take home the Best in Show trophy at Crufts 2022. Indeed, how does it function, anyway? Crufts has been continuing strong since the late 1800s; the Best in Show award was first presented in 1905, albeit under the name “Best Champion.”
The Crufts dog show is an invitation-only event, so you can’t just bring your dog down to the NEC in Birmingham and enter it. You need to have qualified through the prior year’s competition to participate.
It was postponed in 2021 because of the epidemic, but it’s back this year with a new set of competitors. But how much does the Crufts 2022 winner receive? How exactly is a victor chosen?
How Do People Choose the Best Entries?
At Crufts, the competition to determine the Best in Show begins with what are essentially elimination rounds. Each dog is first matched against others of its own breed, age, gender, and victory total. Next, the winning male and female dogs compete for the title of Best of Breed.
Whoever triumphs from this competition will henceforth stand for their species. To determine who takes home Best in Group, all Best in Breed winners must compete against one another. The seven category winners advance to the Best in Show competition, where a single victor and runner-up are chosen.
- Crufts attendees fall into a few distinct categories.
- Toy \sHound \sGundog \sTerrier \sUtility \sWorking \sPastoral
Cash Awarded to The Winner
In 2020, the Hound Group’s Short-Haired Dachshund, Maisie, Was Named Best in Show.
- The Award for Crufts and Best in Show Is Rather Small.
- Crufts Winners Receive a Monetary Prize of £100 (about $160).
- The Kendall Memorial Trophy Silver Replica Is Included as Well.
- Current Topic: Why Aren’t There Any Female Formula 1 Drivers?