One of the most well-known virtual private network (VPN) services, TunnelBear, was recently ported to Android smartphones.
We have previously shown that the popular, user-friendly VPN service TunnelBear can unlock geo-restricted content in apps like Google Play Music and Spotify.
What Is a Tunnelbear?
Toronto, Canada-based Tunnel Bear Offers a Public Vpn Service. They Came up With It in 2011, Thanks to The Efforts of Daniel Kaldor and Ryan Dochuk. Mc Afee Purchased Tunnel Bear in March of 2018. Ryan Dochuk and Daniel Kaldor Established the Toronto, Canada-Based Startup Tunnelbear in 2011.
With Mc Afee’s Acquisition of Tunnel Bear This Year, the Company Is Now Subject to U.S. Law. Mc Afee’s Original Plan Involved Incorporating Tunnel Bear’s Technology Into Its Own Vpn Service. for The Foreseeable Future, Tunnel Bear Intended to Keep Producing Under Its Own Name.
Efforts to Combat Censorship
Tunnel Bear Provided Free Access to Users Connecting from Venezuela During the Protests in 2014. Because of Government Restrictions in Countries Like Venezuela, Iran, Turkey, and Uganda, Tunnel Bear Provides Free or Unlimited Data to Customers in Such Nations.
- On Android, Windows, Mac Os X, and I Os, You May Download Tunnel Bear for Free.
- Additionally, It Is Compatible with Chrome and Opera Browsers Through Add-Ons.
- the Alternative Is to Set up Tunnel Bear on A Linux Distribution.
- Tunnel Bear, Like Most Other Public Vpn Services, Can Get Around Geo-Restrictions and Unblock Websites in Most Countries.
- Aside from The I Os 8 and Earlier Clients, All Tunnel Bear Clients Use Aes-256 Encryption.
- the User’s True Ip Address Is Concealed from The Sites They Visit.
- Instead, the Service’s Faked Ip Address Would Be Visible to The Websites And/or Machines.
- When It Comes to Consumer Vp Ns, Tunnel Bear Was Ahead of The Curve by Conducting an Independent Security Audit and Making the Findings Public.
- Whenever a User Logs in To the Service, a Record of That Is Kept, and In Annual Reports, They Detail the Number of Times that Law Enforcement Has Sought User Data.
How Do I Utilize Tunnel Bear?
We’ve Made It so That Using Tunnel Bear Is as Easy as Possible! a Switch Will Appear Once You’re Logged Into the Tunnel Bear App. This Toggles Between the Device’s Active and Inactive States. Either “fastest” or “a Country’s Name” Ought to Appear. by Selecting This, the Available Tunnel Destinations Will Be Displayed.
to Tunnel to The Country of Your Choice, Simply Flip the Switch to The on Position and Observe as Your Bear Begins Digging. After Successfully Connecting, Your Bear Will Appear in The Tunnel You Chose and The Map Will Become Green. Yes, That’s the Final Word. You Can Confidently Keep on Browsing as Usual While a Fierce Bear Guards the Data Being Sent and Received from Your Device.
How to Set up Tunnel Bear on An Ios Device
When Using Tunnel Bear, the Vpn Setup Is Initiated by Downloading and Installing the Company’s App. Here You May Get Tunnel Bear on Your I Os Device. Log in With Your Current Credentials or Click “create a Free Account” to Register. if You Just Signed Up, Tunnel Bear Will Send You a Confirmation Email. Confirm Your Account by Clicking the Link Provided in The Verification Email.
if You’re Doing This from A Mobile Device, You Can Tap the Confirmation Message to Launch the App. Once Launched, You’ll Be Prompted to Verify the Installation of The Vpn Software. to Go to The Settings Menu, Tap the “I’m Ready” Button. the Vpn Cannot Function Without The Installation of A Set of Configurations. to Proceed, Select “install,” Then Click “Install Now.” All Required Files for The Tunnel Bear Profile Installation Have Been Added at This Point. Turning on The Vpn Is the Final Step.
To Activate a Vpn, Go to “settings > Vpn” and Switch the Feature On. Then, Go Ahead and Use the Freshly Installed Correct Settings. I’m in The United States, Thus I’ll Utilize the USA-Specific Tunnel Bear Vpn Profile. After the Vpn Has Been up And Operating for A Time, the Tunnel Bear App Will Show You How Much More Vpn Data You Have Left Before the End of The Month. Keep an Eye out For the Little Vpn Icon Next to Your Device’s Battery Indicator to See if You’re Connected to A Vpn.