The finals of the 2022 World’s Strongest Man will be held in Sacramento, California on May 28-29. The finals of the 2022 World’s Strongest Man comprised of six events spread out over two days. The contestants were pushing themselves to their limits and giving it all they had in the hopes of placing as high as possible.
The KNAACK Giant’s Medley, Deadlift, and Flintstone Barbell events were included on day one of the championships. The 10 athletes competing in the 2022 WSM Finals have all won their spots with outstanding performances in the qualifying. Four of the 10 competitors have previously won the WSM competition (Brian Shaw, Martins Licis, Oleksii Novikov, Tom Stoltman). This year’s roster exemplifies how competitive it is.
The Most Well-Known Strongman of The Year.
This year’s most prominent Strongman competition does not have a webcast.
On Fitness Volt, you can still follow up with all of the latest news and results from the 2022 World’s Strongest Man competition.
Results & Point Standings for the 2022 World’s Strongest Man
|2022 World’s Strongest Man Finals Day-1|
|1||Oleksii Novikov — Ukraine||28|
|2||Tom Stoltman — UK||26.5|
|3||Martins Licis — USA||20|
|4||Mitchell Hooper — Canada||19|
|5||Trey Mitchell — USA||18|
|6||Brian Shaw — USA||16.5|
|7||Luke Stoltman — UK||15.5|
|8||Maxime Boudreault — Canada||11.5|
|9||Gabriel Rheaume — Canada||6|
|10||Eythor Ingolfsson Melsted — Iceland|
Day 1 Event Recap & Results for The 2022 Wsm Finals.
Giant’s Medley by KNAACK
The medley format was used for the opening event of the 2022 World’s Strongest Man.
Two 120-kilogram (265-pound) boxes and a 455-kilogram (1,003-pound) yoke were required of the participants. The three tools were to be carried for a total distance of 10 meters, with a time limit of 75 seconds.
- Mitchell Hooper — 10 points in 0:21.96s
0:24.75s / 9 pts — Tom Stoltman
- 0:24.84 / 8 pts — Oleksii Novikov
- 0:28.72s / 7 pts Luke Stoltman
- 0:30.60 / 6 pts Martins Licis
- 0:30.78s / 5 pts — Brian Shaw
- Trey Mitchell — 4 points in 0:32.54s
- 0:33.87s / 3 pts — Gabriel Rheaume
- 0:34.11s / 2 pts — Maxime Boudreault
- 0:37.61s / 1 point — Eythor Melsted
Despite this being his first international competition, Mitchell Hooper, a newcomer from Canada, has won the opening event of the 2022 World’s Strongest Man. Mitchell has emerged as a highly likely winner of the 2022 WSM after his outstanding results in the qualifying rounds. Tom Stoltman finished second in this race, beating Oleksii Novikov by less than a tenth of a second.
The Car Deadlift event was also part of the 2022 World’s Strongest Man finals.
The participants had to deadlift as many repetitions as they could with an automobile weighing 360 kilos (794 pounds). This event was set to have a 60-second time limit.
- 15 repetitions / 10 points — Oleksii Novikov
- Tom Stoltman — 8.5 points / 13 reps
- Trey Mitchell — 8.5 points / 13 reps
- Mitchell Hooper — 6 points / 12 reps
- 12 repetitions / 6 points — Martins Licis
- Brian Shaw — 6 points / 12 reps
- 10 repetitions / 4 points — Maxime Boudreault
- 9 reps / 3 points — Luke Stoltman
- Rheaume, Gabriel — 1.5 points for 8 repetitions
- 8 reps / 1.5 points: Eythor Melsted
On the second event of the 2022 World’s Strongest Man finals, we saw a swift turnaround. Oleksii Novikov won the competition with a strong performance. Oleksii required four seconds on average to finish each exercise.
This implies that he did not take any breaks and just continued lifting till the timer ran out. Tom Stoltman and Trey Mitchell tied for second place in this event, both completing 13 fantastic repeats. Each of Hooper, Licis and Shaw deadlifted twelve times. Unfortunately, because of their three-way point split, they miss out on a lot of potential points.
Barbell from The Flintstones.
The Flintstone Barbell, also known as the behind-the-neck press, is one of the all-time great Strongman events.
The plates, which seemed to be formed of stone, were the “Flintstone” part of the event. With a starting weight of 170 kilos, the participants sought to lift as much as they could (375 pounds).
- Oleksii Novikov — 542 pounds (246 kilograms) / 10 points.
- Tom Stoltman — 529 pounds / 240 kg / 9 points.
- 235 kg (518 pounds) / 8 points Martins Licis.
- Trey Mitchell — 467 pounds / 212 kg / 5.5 points.
- Brian Shaw — 467 pounds / 212 kg / 5.5 points.
- 212 kilos (467 pounds) / 5.5 points Luke Stoltman.
- 212 kg (467 pounds) / 5.5 points Maxime Boudreault.
- Mitchell Hooper — 3 points / 200 kilos (441 pounds).
- 190 kilos (419 pounds) / 1.5 points Gabriel Rheaume.
- 190 kilos (419 pounds) / 1.5 points Eythor Melsted.
In the Flintstone Barbell event, Oleksii Novikov was in a league of his own, as he won his second event of the day. He is the overall leader after day one of the 2022 WSM finals. Tom Stoltman has been pursuing Oleksii for a long time, but he was unable to match Novikov’s power in this competition. Tom, on the other hand, earned nine points for coming in second place.
Martins Licis finished third in this event by pressing 235 kilos, earning him a lot of points. Martins was followed by four other athletes who all lifted the same weight. Fourth place was shared by Shaw, Hooper, Boudreault, and Luke Stoltman.
There’s just one more day till we find out who will be the World’s Strongest Man in 2022. There are three more competitions planned for tomorrow, so the winner is still a long way off.