On Sunday night, NCAA baseball teams learned which schools would serve as regional hosts for the tournament, and the SEC received four teams.
The news was shared on social media by Tennessee, Florida, Texas A&M, and Auburn. The Vols will be the favorites to win the College World Series as the No. 1 team in the country after winning the SEC Tournament.
The 23rd Regional Championship for Auburn.
Olsen Field will host playoff baseball for the Aggies for the first time since 2017.
This is Auburn’s 23rd regional participation. The 64 teams in the 2022 NCAA baseball tournament will be selected by the NCAA Division I Baseball Committee via automatic bids (31) and at-large selections (33).
When the NCAA Baseball Championship field of 64 is unveiled on ESPN2 at noon ET on Monday, the remaining teams in the field will be disclosed. Austin, Blacksburg, Chapel Hill, College Park, Coral Gables, Corvallis, Greenville, Hattiesburg, Louisville, Stanford, Statesboro, and Stillwater are the other hosts outside of the SEC.
Dates and Times for The Ncaa Baseball Tournament in 2022.
Regionals: Friday, June 3 through Monday, June 6 Regionals: Noon ET on Monday, May 30 on ESPN2.
- Friday, June 10 through Monday, June 13: Super Regionals.
- Thursday, June 16th is the first day of the CWS.
- Friday, June 17th is the first day of the CWS games.
- Finals of the CWS begin on Saturday, June 25. (best out of 3).
The 16 Colleges and Universities that Will Hold Ncaa Basketball Tournaments.
On Sunday night, the NCAA unveiled the 16 schools that would host regionals for the 2022 NCAA Baseball Tournament. The following are the 16 institutions that will host NCAA Tournament regionals:
- Auburn Regional – Auburn University
- Texas Regional – Austin
- Virginia Tech – Blacksburg Regional
- North Carolina’s Chapel Hill Regional
- Maryland’s College Park Regional
- Texas A&M University – College Station Regional
- Miami’s Coral Gables Regional
- Oregon State University – Corvallis RegionalFlorida’s Gainesville Regional
- East Carolina’s Greenville Regional
- Southern Miss Hattiesburg Regional
- Tennessee’s Knoxville Regional
- Regional in Louisville – Louisville
- Regional – Stanford University
- Georgia Southern University – Statesboro Regional
- Oklahoma State University – Stillwater Regional
On Monday at 12:00 (ET), ESPN2 will reveal the whole 64-team field for the 2022 NCAA Baseball Tournament.
With nine teams picked from each conference, the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and Southeastern Conference (SEC) take the lead. The Big 12 and Pac-12 conferences each have five teams in the field, while the Sun Belt Conference has four teams.
There are two teams in each of the ASUN, Big Ten, Conference USA, Missouri Valley, West Coast, and Western Athletic conferences.
In the NCAA Division I Baseball Championship, Coppin State and Hofstra are making their debut appearances, while Air Force is making its first appearance since 1969. With its 44th consecutive participation, Florida State holds the record for the longest continuous streak. Vanderbilt (16) and Florida (16) are two more schools with remarkable consecutive streaks (14).
The eight super regional hosts will be revealed at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 7 on www.NCAA.com/mcws (ET). On Friday, June 17, the Men’s College World Series will begin at Charles Schwab Field Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska.