According to the Powerball website, the lottery prize was an estimated $439 million with a cash option of $237,3 million.
There was no winner, therefore the jackpot will increase to $473 million with a cash option of $255.7 million for Saturday’s drawing.
The jackpot was last won by a Kansas lottery winner on November 19, who received $92.9 million.
The Mega Millions jackpot is $20 million for Friday’s drawing, according to the Mega Millions website, after being won for the second consecutive drawing.
Prior to the recent passage of a new law signed by Governor Phil Murphy, New Jersey lottery winners were compelled to be recognised. However, winners will now be free to remain anonymous.
When Is the Next Powerball Drawing?
Powerball Drawings Are Held Three Times per Week, at 10:59 P.M. on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Monday Drawings Were Added in 2021.
How Late Can I Buy Powerball Tickets?
State-Specific Powerball Ticket Purchase Deadlines Vary, so Don’t Wait until The Last Minute. on The Day of The Drawing, the Deadline in New Jersey Is 9:59 P.M., While the Deadline in New York Is 10 P.M.
How Do I Play Powerball?
The Price per Ticket Is $2, but For an Additional $1, You Can Add the Power Play, Which Multiplies Your Potential Prize by Up to Five (except for The Jackpot and Match 5). There Is Also the Chance of A 10x Power Play when The Prize Is Less than $150 Million.
Each Participant Chooses Five Numbers Between 1 and 69 for The White Balls and One Number Between 1 and 26 for The Red Powerball. the Lottery Machine Can Also Generate a Quick Pick Ticket with Random Numbers.
Prizes Range from $4 for Matching the Powerball to $1 Million (except in California) for Matching All Five White Balls to The Jackpot for Matching All Six Balls. Here, You Can View All Prize Payouts for The Powerball Lottery.
Where Can I Buy Powerball Tickets?
The Game Is Playable in 45 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and The U.S. Virgin Islands.
Numerous Supermarkets, Gas Stations, and Convenience Stores Offer Lottery Tickets. Some Jurisdictions Permit the Purchase of Powerball Tickets Online, but Beware of Fake Websites. Before Purchasing Lottery Tickets Online, Check with Your State Lottery for Details on Online Sales.
You Are Not Required to Be a U.S. Citizen or A Resident of A Specific State to Purchase a Ticket.
How Can I Watch Powerball Drawing?
The Powerball Drawing Is Aired Live on The Lottery Website Every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 P.M. Et. You Can View the Drawing by Clicking on This Link.
In Your Market, the Drawing May Also Be Broadcast on A Local Television Channel.
What Are My Odds of Winning?
It Can Be Exhilarating to Play the Powerball, but Don’t Spend Those Millions Before You Win.
The Likelihood of Winning the Jackpot Is 292,201,338 to One.
The Probability of Matching All Five White Balls Is 11,688,053 to 1.
Lump Sum or Annuity?
The United States’ Major Lotteries Provide Two Jackpot Payoff Options: Annuity and Cash.
The Annuity Option Provides Periodic Payouts. There Is an Initial Payment Followed by 29 Annual Instalments that Increase by 5% per Year.
The Lump Sum Payout for The Cash Option Is Much Less than The Stated Prize. There Is No Need to Wait Decades for All of The Money.
What was biggest Powerball jackpot?
Here are the Top 10 jackpots since the Powerball lottery began in 1992:
- $1.586 billion, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $768.4 million, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Aug. 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $699.8 million, Oct. 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, Oct. 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $632.6 million, Jan. 5, 2022: Two winner in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 million, May 18, 2013: Won in Florida
- $587.5 million, Nov. 28, 2012: Two winners in Arizona, Missouri
What was largest U.S. lottery jackpot ever?
Here’s a look at the top jackpots were won in the United States, between the Powerball and the Mega Millions lotteries:
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016: Three winners in California, Florida, Tennessee
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018: Won in South Carolina
- $1.348 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 13, 2022: Won in Maine
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022: Illinois
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021: Won in Michigan
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019: Won in Wisconsin
- $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017: Won in Massachusetts
- $730 million,, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021: Won in Maryland
- $699.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 4, 2021: Won in California
- $687.8 million, Powerball, Oct. 27, 2018: Two winners in Iowa, New York
- $656 million, March 30, 2012: Three winners in Illinois, Kansas, Maryland
- $648 million, Dec. 17, 2013: Two winners in California, Georgia
- $632.6 million, Powerball, Jan. 5, 2022: Two winner in California, Wisconsin
- $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013: Won in Florida
- $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012: Two winner in Arizona, Missouri
- $564.1 million, Powerball, Feb. 11, 2015: Three winners in North Carolina, Puerto Rico, Texas
- $543 million, Mega Millions, July 24, 2018: Won in California
- $536 million, Mega Millions July 8, 20116: Won in Indiana
- $533 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2018: Won in New Jersey