This year on Christmas Eve, why not try out one of these amazing eateries instead of slaving over a hot stove?
When it comes to Christmas dinner, not everyone has the luxury of time. This year, many relatives are rushing off to far-flung destinations, leaving little time for holiday preparations.
On the “big day,” most stores and restaurants in Ocean County are closed.
The majority of these eateries are open on Christmas Eve only, although others are open on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
As far as I can tell, most restaurants are only open on Christmas Eve, so you may want to call ahead to your go-to spot to be sure they’re open on Christmas Day as well.
Restaurants in Ocean County that are open on Christmas Eve:
- The Captain’s Inn in Forked River accepts bookings beginning at 3 p.m. (Christmas Day closed)
- Forked River’s Waterfront is open on Christmas Eve (Christmas Day closed)
- The dining room of *Biagio’s at Lanoka Harbor is open nightly at 4, 6, and 8 p.m.; reservations are recommended (Christmas Day closed)
- Ocean Gate’s *Rosie’s is open from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Christmas Day closed)
- On Christmas Day, stop by Bayville’s *B2 Bistro & Bar (Christmas Day closed)