It didn’t take long for the breakup between Colton Underwood and Cassie Randolph to become a “he said, she said” situation. During the production of the 2019 season of The Bachelor, Underwood and Randolph became acquainted. During the show’s closing weeks, the graduate student left after informing Underwood she wasn’t ready to get engaged.
Underwood tried to keep her from leaving by ending his relationships with the other two women, Hannah Godwin and Tayshia Adams. Later, the pair got back together, and by the end of the programme, they were back together as a couple. When asked by Us Weekly about when they would get engaged once the programme ended, Randolph said they didn’t “have a timeline.”
The romance between Randolph and Underwood, which began in 2019 on season 23 of “The Bachelor,” ended in May of 2020. With an Instagram post that has since been deleted, Randolph revealed the breakup. Since “not one of us is quite ready to talk about it yet,” she said, “I want to say this is one of the hardest things I have had to communicate.” “Our relationship is very public, so we haven’t said anything about it. While Colton and I have decided to no longer be a couple, we still want to be friends “with a series of images of the two, she penned.
Randolph remained silent on Friday in response to Underwood‘s sexuality reveal. The ex-Bachelor, now 29 years old, has revealed that he accepted his sexual orientation early this year after denying it for much of his life. In an effort to come to terms with his situation, he admitted to having suicidal thoughts. Without mentioning Randolph by name, Underwood thanked “The Bachelor” and the ladies he had dated for helping him realise this. The ex-NFL player grew up Christian and claims the word “gay” has always carried negative connotations for him.
During an appearance on ABC’s Nightline, Underwood, now 29 years old, did talk about Randolph. He expressed doubt that they would ever get the opportunity to meet face to face. “Sure, if I could, I would. Please accept my apologies for the way our relationship has ended. I made a mistake. In retrospect, I realise that I made many poor decisions.”
He explained, “At the end of the relationship, I messed up. And through my behaviours and the things I did to maintain my straight identity—all because I was afraid to face myself in the mirror—I ruined the pleasant times we had together. I apologise profusely for that.”
Today’s claim: Last year, after Randolph and Underwood’s breakup, she sought a restraining order against him on stalking charges. As time went on, Randolph was able to get the protective order dissolved. There was no indication that she was aware of Underwood’s revelation prior to Wednesday, but he did eventually talk about their relationship, expressing his love for her and apologising for any hurt he may have caused.
What Is the Reason for Their Breakup?
Underwood said in a statement in May that the couple had decided to divorce after “a lot of self-reflecting” and that he was thankful to Randolph and her family for helping him through his struggle with coronavirus. Colton sent a statement to E! News after the restraining order was dropped, saying, “I do not believe Cassie did anything wrong in filing for the restraining orders and also believe she acted in good faith.”
A public apology followed, which he delivered on Good Morning America. “Please accept my apologies for the way things have concluded. The error is mine, “What he had to say was. I’ve made a lot of poor decisions. Finally, the ex-NFL player said, “I would simply say that I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart.”Coming Out Colton premieres this week on Netflix, so it’s possible that formerly private topics may once again be brought to light. Things might be different if Cassie had her way.
‘She doesn’t want to relive that phase of her life over and over again and have it forced back into the spotlight,’ a third person close to Cassie said. The representatives for Colton and Cassie have been contacted by E! News for their thoughts. Netflix opted not to comment.
Affirmations Made by Cassie
It was reported on September 11, 2020, that Randolph had filed for a restraining order against Underwood under the Domestic Violence Prevention Act. Randolph claimed in court documents acquired by Us that her ex “stalked and harassed” her by sending “unsettling text messages” and “putting a tracking device on her vehicle.” She also claimed that he made “obsessive” trips to her apartment and family home in Huntington Beach, California, saying that people she knows have seen him loitering around the buildings at all hours of the night.
On September 14, 2020, the United States confirmed that Underwood had been given a restraining order requiring her to maintain a distance of 100 yards from Randolph, her residence, vehicle, and place of employment. He was also told not to have “contact, either directly or indirectly, in any way” with his ex-girlfriend.
For more updates, keep visiting –newjerseylocalnews.com